Worker's Compensation Information

As required by law, the Seaside School District provides Workers' Compensation Insurance that pays benefits when you are injured or becoming ill as a result of your employment. You must report any work related injury to your supervisor immediately.

Worker's Compensation benefits are not guaranteed. To receive compensation, you must:

  • prove that the injury or illness arose out of and in the course and scope of your employment;
  • provide medical documentation to support your claim for medical coverage and wage replacement benefits.


How to report a Workers' Compensation Event:

Both you and your supervisor are responsible for reporting any work-related injury or illness. You will need to fill out an Accident form for any job related injury. If the injury required medical treatment beyond first aid, you will also need to complete a workers' compensation claim form (801). That form must be filed in the Human Resources office within 24 hours.